Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Room with a View


Unlike Carrie, I don't use a laptop, I use a book. I don't have $40,000 of Manolo's sitting in my closet, I have a few pairs of comfortable boots. But, the one thing we do share is a wonderful view from a wonderful room from a wonderful city.

School doesn't start until next Monday, which means I have a few days of freedom... well, not quite. In fact, I am studying more on my own than when I was in school last month. I am happy about that though, because it really makes a difference when you choose to study something, rather than being forced to. Amy gave me another great book, titled, "Mastering Italian Vocabulary," which breaks down the vocab and verbs into segments, or chunks. For example, if I am at the dentist and trying to explain how much pain my teeth are in (while he's drilling away no less!), the book lists all the nouns, verbs, etc. for the particular situation. This is definitely something to get excited about, the inner-nerd in Kristi is coming out, big-time.

In just a few minutes I am heading out for a run with both Lola and a friend around the Cascine. I need to take advantage of this beautiful, bright, winter weather we are having in Florence. And also, burn off the 2 pounds of pandoro I ate this morning for breakfast, a nice treat from a special friend.

One last note before I prepare for my outing, the sky is so clear and so blue, that in the distance, I can see a castle in the hills. Imagine that...

kc