Thursday, November 23, 2006

Meglio e meglio














As in English, the days just keep getting better and better. I visited the owner of the leather shop in Florence where I purchased the red satchel and briefcase this time last year. It was so nice to see her! She recognized me immediately as I walked in her store. I'm going to go back to visit as soon as I have more time and take her for coffee.

Florence is such a small town. Starting to see the same faces, visiting places I'd been to last year, though this time it's a little different. Not using my map nearly as much as I'd thought I would, the streets are becoming familiar. Smiling more, different attitude, it's nice to be here. The best city to learn the language, clean accents, easier to understand, still "lentamente," but each day is an improvement.

Today, Duomo and dinner with a friend, then off to Milan Friday, 4:14pm train.