Thursday, January 11, 2007

Io Vivo Bene!!


First, I really love this pic.

My life is so balanced these days... I study, I go out, I exercise, I relax. And yes, I can't forget, I eat well, so incredibly well!

On January 1st, I spent some time planning this year ahead. You know, just a few resolutions here and there, three or four things I want to achieve. I started surfing the web for ESL teaching opportunities in Europe, and I found this one organization, named "Pueblo Ingles." This organization runs English-speaking camps for Spaniards. I perused the site and was immediately interested, and so, I decided to fill out the volunteer application form, very spur of the moment.

After submitting the application, a message popped up saying something to the effect of, "Thank you for submitting your information. If selected to be a volunteer, you will receive an email 4-6 weeks before your chosen volunteer date." I closed that message and continued to surf the web, not thinking twice about what I had just done. A few days passed and I logged into my email account. There it was... an email from Pueblo Ingles saying I had been selected as one of the volunteers for the May 4-11 camp in La Alberca, Spain!! How incredible is that?! So, in exchange for one week of volunteering, the camp offers free accomodation and meals, and use of their facilities.

kc