Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Up Close and Personal...


... with David!!
Today, Peggy, Fab and I decided to wait in the one hour lineup at the Galleria dell'Accademia to marvel at Michelangelo's masterpiece. Representing strength and human beauty, David is a symbol of the Florence republic. Monumentally scaled and incredibly life-like, David conveys a sense of moral power and tense energy, not only through his anatomy, but through his concentrated gaze. I managed to sneak a few shots of him, including the above. Really, quite an incredible day to finally see him.
Last night were more Carnevale parties, in the bars, and among the streets of Florence. I snapped this shot of a terribly hideous Snow White and "her" seven dwarfs...

And again, more pictures of this wonderful city, which I am sad to say, I will be leaving in 15 days!! Although certainly looking forward to the next adventure in Nice, I will miss so much all the people I have met here in Florence.
View of San Miniato al Monte, from Lungarno Delle Grazie (my street!)
Another view from Lungarno Delle Grazie.
The Duomo!
Among the horses in P.za Signoria.
Olive tree near P.za degli Uffizi.