Thursday, November 30, 2006

Happy Days Are Here Again


It's definitely nice to be in school again. I'm meeting so many cool people, ages ranging from 19 to 45, and from all over the world. I really like a girl named Peggy. She's 20 (tomorrow!) and from Holland. She is living in Chianti with her Italian boyfriend's family and has been here for six months now. I think it's great how Europeans speak so many languages, or atleast have the willingness to learn. I would love to go back to school and study French intensively, maybe Spanish too, but for now, my goal is to dedicate one year to the language of the country in which I am living.

Grocery shopping at EsseLunga is such a fun experience! In fact, I just came back from the store right now. The food is so healthy and so there are so many delicious things to choose from. Cheese, meat (so much for the vegetarianism!), pasta, and of course, dolci (sweets). Been continuing to drink 2.5-3L of water a day, and by the way, water is so cheap here compared to Canada. You can get 2L for 0,43E, equivalent to $0.65CAD. But to be honest, water is probably the only thing in the entire of Italy which is cheaper than in Canada. Cappucino ranges anywhere from 0,80E to 4,50E, depending on where you take your coffee, either standing at the bar, or seated at a table. Location of the bar in the city also makes a difference, as I experienced in Milan. Avoid the centre, otherwise you will pay 6,00E for 3 sips of coffee! Maybe I do look like a tourist, but in any case, it won't happen again.

So, in short, I am loving it here in Florence. It's so nice to be living in this city, as opposed to being a tourist. Every day I meet two or three new people, and my schedule is always full with walks here, cappuccinos there, I love it! I am happy with my school in the end, especially because I like the girls in my classes, and they really try their best to organize activities for us we can become better acquainted with eachother and the city.

Until tomorrow...ciao ciao!