Monday, January 29, 2007

Hospitality 101


Monday... started with class at 9am (in punto!) and 2 1/2 hours later, in the bar with three classmates for cappucino. Every day after school the four of us are on a mission to find the best (and cheapest!) coffee in the city. So far so good, today's cappucino was only 1,10 Euro, good work Emma! Then off to Zara to take advantage of the sales, but unfortunately, was not convinced by anything I tried on. "I guess there was a reason why those pants were worth only 9,90 Euro!"
At 1pm I met a couple from France, Nadine and Arthur. Together we climbed all 463 steps to the Duomo, took pictures, ate pizza for lunch, followed by the most delicious gelato in the city. Hey, we figured we had to treat ourselves for the ascent we had previously endured, right? And I felt the need to numb my brain, since after not speaking French for over eight years, was forced to today, as the conversation switched from "en anglais" to "en francais." Fantastic!! We wrapped up the day with a stroll along the Arno and agreed when I visit their country, I will give them a ring. Happy day!